I’ve been waiting to figure out what to do for my next tag, and I think the hype around Season 2 of Stranger Things and how it’s around christmas time, made me want to do this tag. I’m highly anticipating it’s return and I’m super excited for it. A big thanks to Sarah Sunbeemz for making this tag.
1. EPIC INTRO. The opening sequence of Stranger Things is amazing and really grabs your attention. Name a book that grabbed your attention from the first page.
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvatter.
Her lyricism and amazing writing made it really hard not to get hooked from the first sentence onward.
2. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS. Name a fantasy world you would like to experience yourself.
I fell in love with Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson and although an older world in the means of society, I think that the magic system would be too cool to just pass on.
3. SQUAD GOALS. When Eleven met Mike, Dustin and Lucas it was a *mostly* perfect team. Name your favourite bookish group of friends.
Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas has a great band of characters and even has some enemies tag along with the good friends. I love it.
4. ABC’s & CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. Joyce Byers goes mad with grief after Will goes missing. Name your favourite mentally unhinged character.
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. OH MY GOODNESS. A.I.D.A.N. was completely crazy. I literally was on the edge of my seat the whole time because of A.I.D.A.N.
5. THE UPSIDE DOWN. Name a book that was the opposite of what you expected.
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins fell flat for me. I knew it was about a girl who ends up being a paladin, but I thought it would get way more sci-fi and have stronger characters, I was most definitely expecting a Buffy vibe and got….nothing.
6. MAD SCIENTISTS. Dr. Brenner likes to get freaky with humanity. Name the freakiest dystopian government you can think of.
The society in Bone Season was really screwed up in my eyes. I didn’t really much enjoy the society it was based it. It’s kind of hard to explain but the book is really REALLY great. I also don’t want to go too much into the society in fear that it will give some plot points away.
7. DEMOGORGON. Name a scary bookish creature that you would not want to come through your walls.
I literally could not sleep for a week.
8. CLIFFHANGER ENDING. name a book that left you wanting more.
Not that there was a cliffhanger, I jut wasn’t ready for this duology to end. #ripheart.