Hello everyone! I’m going to be doing the Coffee Book Tag! I’m sitting down this morning and looking for some posts to do (other than my extremely long list of reviews) while drinking my very yummy coffee, so I figured…why not do the Coffee Book Tag that I found all over the place in booktube. I found the original tag here on youtube, and I love all the questions!
1. Black: Name a series that’s tough to get into but has hardcore fans.
Okay, don’t kill me you diehard Outlander fans, and what not. But, I’ve tried a couple times to get into Outlander and it’s SUPER HARD! But I know there’s SO MANY of you who absolutely adore this series. But don’t you worry, I’m not giving up on you!
2. Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.
I feel like I’m not the only one who re-reads Harry Potter during the cold months of the year. And I’m pretty sure there’s a Harry Potter Read-A-Thon around winter time as well. And honestly, there’s something cozy about reading Harry Potter snuggled up in blankets while it snows outside.
3. Hot chocolate: What is your favorite children’s book?
The Chronicles of Narnia was a book I picked up for summer reading and it all snowballed from there. I love love LOVE the Narnia series and I actually started re-reading it recently. And I have to say, Narnia is such a magical place, and I absolutely love that this was one of my favorite series as a kid.
4. Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
I mean…COME ON THIS IS SUCH A GREAT BOOK. I literally could not stop reading and it was written so well and in a way where you think you know what’s going on but then everything gets turned on it’s head. I really REALLY great book.
5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.
The Diabolic is something I’ve been seeing everywhere lately and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!
6. That hipster coffee shop: Give a book by an indie author a shoutout.
I want to give a shout out to Tia Giacalone. She sent us a copy of her book Hey Sunshine when we were still a bit shakey on our feet as a blog. She sent us Hey Sunshine and Taylor and I both loved it! Hey Sunshine has a sequel as well as a third book on the way! Please check out Tia and her books they’re well worth the read!
7. Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.
I was expecting SO MUCH MORE from Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. I thought pirates and time travel would be so much cooler but…it kind of fell flat for me.
8. The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.
Oh my goodness, this series has absolutely everything. All the highs and all the lows. This book has it all! I absolutely love Throne of Glass and it’s a GREAT series. Action, Romance, Wit, Mystery. It’s great.
And there you have it! The Coffee Book Tag!